To perpetuate the legacy of the historic Worcester Music Festival, the nation's oldest festival, by enriching the cultural life of Central Massachusetts and its surrounding areas.
Past Festival Performer, Van Cliburn
The 2013-2014 Season of Music Worcester - 154 Years of Music & Culture in Central Massachusetts!
1) To be a community-minded, professionally-managed arts organization through the presentation of extraordinary performances by some of the world's most distinguished artists representing the symphony, chamber, dance and jazz genres.
2) To generate interest in music and enhance its understanding among people of all ages including outreach to children in schools.
3) To be a cultural resource that contributes to the economic well being of the area.
History: The Worcester Music Festival is the oldest Music Festival in the United States and carries a rich history. Since 1858 it has been pre-eminent in presenting great performances by world-renowned orchestras and guest soloists, chamber music, ballet, world
music and dance, jazz and choral masterworks. Music Worcester Inc. has made "a tradition of excellence" its hallmark and The Worcester Music Festival has been recognized by the Library of Congress.
Music Worcester, Inc. - originally known as the Worcester County Music Association - has been the presenter of the distinguished Worcester Music Festival since 1858. Since 1996 the Festival has also included The International Artists Series and The Mass Jazz Festival. Music Worcester also proudly presents the concerts of the Worcester Chorus, which has been an integral part of the Worcester Music Festival since the very beginning in 1858. Each Spring the annual Young Artist Competition awards scholarships and performance opportunities to highly talented local student musicians.
- Debra Domantas, Systems Administrator
- Lisa Dutton-Swain, Director of Development
- Adrien C. Finlay, Executive Director
- Margaret Blue Hamilton, Director of Marketing
- Carol Jones, Accountant